Then I pulled the cupcake wrapper off and cut the cupcake in half. I was very lucky that they didn't fall apart, which i think was because the batter was so dense. I also was happy that they wrapper came off cleanly :)
|Removing the wrapper|
|Cutting in half|
Then the fun part came! Icing! I made a batch of my favorite buttercream and then died part of it green and part of it red. If you wanted to, you could also die part of it yellow for the "cheese", but I had other ideas. There was more than enough. I simply put on flat tips on the end of a pastry bag (I believe they are actually flower tips) and drizzled the green and red on the bottom to make it look like there was tomatoes and lettuce on it.
|Lettuce and tomato!|
|Put back together|
|White chocolate on top of the brownie|
The last step was to add sprinkles to the top to make it look like sesame seeds. I needed a way to make them stick so i spread Kahlua on top of the cupcake. It also added nicely to the flavor :) And it looked like i had cooked toasted the bun. Definitely a good decision! I didn't take a picture of this process but I do have a picture of the finished product!
Now, I have yet to mention the disaster of the sugar cookie fries. I tried twice... and was never able to make them work. No matter how thinly I sliced them, they came out of the oven looking like this
I will definitely have to do more research before trying again. At least they were a good snack :)
Overall I was very pleased with how the cupcakes turned out... as were all the participants at book club!
|Our awesome Chef Chris|
While it was definitely a lot of work.... It was also a lot of fun! I would definitely make them again if the "theme" demanded :)
Cupcakes from Better Homes and Garden
Icing from Sweet Revenge