|My Grandma and I when we were 63 and 1|
|Grandma and her cupcakes at her 90th birthday party|
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ⅔ cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in medium bowl to blend.
- Using electric mixer, beat sugar, butter, and vanilla in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in half of dry ingredients, then buttermilk, and then remaining dry ingredients.
- Mix in cream of coconut.
- Fill each muffin cup ⅔ full with batter.
- Bake cupcakes until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 18 minutes.
- 6 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1-1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 3-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup canned sweetened cream of coconut (You will use 1 can between the cupcakes and icing)
- 1-7 oz package sweetened flaked coconut
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl until light.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar and mix until fluffy.
- Beat in cream of coconut and coconut flakes
Recipes adapted from a class at Sur La Table
|Me and Grandma on her 90th birthday|