Yes, you read the title correctly. We're talking about Cheesecake that is Weight Watcher approved? It sounded crazy to me too, but since I've been trying to eat healthier, I decided I also needed a little treat. Now I'm not a huge fan of cheesecake (although I'm starting to see that its actually pretty darn good), but I am a huge fan of M&Ms, so anything that has those in it is fine by me! Especially if its dark chocolate M&Ms!!
This recipe seemed a little more complicated than it actually was. When I started reading it and it said things about baking a crust before you bake the rest of it, I kinda thought "what am I getting myself into?" I was also simultaneously trying to make dinner (thank goodness for canceled lacrosse practice) so maybe that had something to do with it? It looked a lot harder than it ended up being.
And it was actually really good! The crust could probably have baked a few more minutes, but other than that I was happy. I was so excited to try them, that I might have started cutting into them before they had completely cooled. But oh well :) I liked how the inside was nice and soft but there was a crust around the outside. And I love how when baking with M&Ms they dont completely melt and you're left with the shell of the chocolate magic! Definitely good.
These are definitely something I will keep in my baking repitoire for times when i am trying to be healthy but I just need something a little sweet!
Weight Watchers Cheesecake Bars
- 1 (8 ounce) package of reduced fat (not fat free) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup M&M (I used dark chocolate but you can really use any)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar, granulated
- 1/3 cup sugar, brown packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour; mix well.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the crumb mixture; press the remaining crumb mixture into bottom of a 8″ square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Combine the softened cream cheese, granulated sugar and vanilla; using an electric mixer, mix at medium speed until well blended.
- Add the egg; mix well.
- Layer 1/2 cup of the M&M candies over the crust; top with the cream cheese mixture.
- Combine the remaining candy and reserved crumb mixture; mix well.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes
- Let cool completely before serving. I put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes
- Cut into 16 pieces. 5 points plus/serving